Finding fun is easy in the Georgian Triangle, especially in winter. Here are just a few of the family activities in Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Wasaga Beach and the rest of South Georgian Bay. (Above, Scenic Caves)
2. Watch and learn how the candy gets made at The Candy Factory.
3. Paint pottery pieces at Crock a Doodle in Blue Mountain Village.
4. Book a lane at Georgian Bowl followed by snacks and a game of pool.
5. Go fat biking. Ride Guides offers tours in Collingwood.
6. Learn about Collingwood’s heritage and history at the Collingwood Museum, open daily from 9 to 5 p.m.
7. Visit the Craigleith Heritage Depot, Meaford Museum and Grey Roots Museum to learn about the history of South Georgian Bay.
8. Visit Wasaga Beach, the world’s longest freshwater beach and check out the Snowman Mania festival happening all weekend.
9. Snowshoe or cross-country ski at Scenic Caves Nordic Centre, Highlands Nordic or Wasaga Nordic. Trail information is here.
10. Try the Blue Mountain lookout to take in the sights of Georgian Bay high atop the Niagara Escarpment.
11. Ski or snowboard at Blue Mountain Resort. Snow conditions here.
12. Dine in a family restaurant or stop at a cafe for hot chocolate. Info here.
13. Go toboganning in Wasaga Beach at William Arnill Park.
14. Visit Meaford Hall, register the kids for a Saturday art class.
15. Go ice skating at an arena or outdoor rinks in Collingwood or Wasaga.
17. Go on an Xtreme Hummer and snowshoe tour.
18. Try the tasting bar at the Collingwood Olive Oil Company
19. Skate the ice trail at Discovery Harbour, Saturday & Sundays from 1-4pm & 6-9pm, weather permitting.
These suggestions are from the Georgian Triangle Tourist Association. For itinerary ideas, and extensive additional information, go to VisitSouthGeorgianBay.